One of our family’s favourite things to do is go swimming! But finding a family friendly pool that is great for very young children can be tricky. We’ve checked out A LOT of pools in and around Vancouver. And, we’ve been able to find a handful of pools that are absolutely amazing for young children. Here’s a collection of the best pools for kids near Vancouver, BC…
Watermania, Richmond, BC
Watermania is absolute paradise for water loving kids. This facility has got it all, from a huge competition size pool to two huge waterslides and an incredible family friendly area with a water playground & wave pool.
Here are our favourite features for young kids:
- Water playground with tot-sized slides, a giant tipping bucket, and water cannons to spray each other!
- Lots of interactive water fountains that children can turn on or off with a steering wheel
- Shallow play area with smaller tipping buckets for very young children
- Wave pool cycles on and off every 15 minutes providing time to play in the waves & also a break for little ones who may find the waves too intense
- Two large water slides for bigger kids (at least 7 years old and 48 inches tall)
- Two hot tubs
Watermania is located at 14300 Entertainment Blvd in Richmond, just off Hwy 99 at Steveston Hwy.
Minoru Centre, Richmond, BC
The Minoru Centre for Active Living boasts a swimming facility that is both gorgeous and super fun for kids! There are several pools within the facility including a leisure pool, lap pool, and the largest hot pool in Canada!
Here’s what we love best about this pool:
- Beach-style entry splash area for tots, with interactive cascading bowls that can be dumped & turned
- Super fun double-wide children’s slide
- Huge tipping bucket
- Lazy river with interactive spray features
- Warm water in the leisure pool (32 degrees Celsius)
- For older children, a drop slide (5 ft free-fall drop into the pool) and climbing wall (note that these 2 features are only available during specific sessions so read the session description carefully before booking your time)
The Minoru Centre is located at 7191 Granville Ave in Richmond, BC.
For more information about the Minoru Aquatic Centre, or to register for a swim session, click here.
W.C. Blair Recreation Centre, Langley, BC
W.C. Blair Recreation Centre in Langley has an amazing pool for toddlers & young kids. While the littlest tots stay entertained in the enormous beach-style shallow end, older siblings will enjoy the intermittent wave pool, diving board & climbing wall.
Here’s what else we love about this pool:
- Huge, zero-entry shallow area with rain tree & spray features
- Interactive water table where children can control the flow of water through three different channels
- Intermittent waves, allowing fun time to splash/swim in the waves but also calm times for more timid little ones
- Diving board & climbing wall in the deep end
- Family friendly hot tub
- Relatively quiet pool, especially during specially designated parent & tot sessions!
W.C. Blair is located at 22200 Fraser Hwy in Langley. The recreation centre is also home to a beautiful playground & splash park for even more fun before or after your swim session!!
For more information about W.C. Blair Swimming Pool, click here.
Or, to book a swim session, click here.
Sungod Recreation Centre, Delta, BC
Sungod Recreation Centre in Delta has an amazing swimming facility for families. With four pools, warm water & tons of fun features for kids, this is our family’s go-to spot to swim!
Here’s why our family loves Sungod so much:
- Family pool with beach-style entry & shallow enough for parents to touch the bottom throughout the pool
- Family pool also has spray features & a small baby/toddler slide
- Main leisure pool has a children’s slide & 2 diving boards
- Shallow, warm teach pool is a great spot to end a swim session!
- Easier to book sessions than at some of the other more busy/popular pools in other municipalities
Sungod Recreation Centre is located at 7815 112 St in Delta.
For more information about Sungod’s pools, click here.
Or, to book a swim session, click here.
Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre, Surrey, BC
Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre is a beautiful, bright facility that is full of many amazing features. Here are some of the features that make this one of the best indoor swimming pools for kids near Vancouver, BC….
- Huge waterslide for bigger kids
- Small toddler-sized slide
- Spray features in the shallow leisure pool
- Lazy river
- Hot tub
Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre is located at 16855 – 24 Avenue Surrey, BC V3Z 0A2.
For more information about Grandview Heights Aquatic Centre, click here.
Do you know of any other amazing pools for kids near Vancouver, BC? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment or send us a message!